Wednesday, November 7, 2012

one year.

When I think back to a year ago, I see myself as a sheltered, scared 19 year old. A girl who was desperately holding onto the small, seemingly perfect life she had. I fought hard the change that going away to school brought. I didn’t want to be happy there…and I wasn’t. I wanted someone to tell me that it was ok to come home and never go back. I’m thankful everyday that no one in my life said those words to me. In the past year, I learned to find joy in small situations. I learned to rely on God and he provided with two of the best friends I could ever ask for. I learned that I am more outgoing than I ever thought. 
I never thought I would be excited to go back to ISU. A year ago I never thought I would find friends and a community there. I never thought my heart would ache to be back with those new friends and that loving community. So in the past year I’ve learned that change can be hard and trying but it is also beautiful. More beautiful than I ever could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment