Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday.

Today, I was awoken at 4:45 am by the LOUDEST thunder I have ever heard. Honestly, my heart was beating so hard for at least five minutes. I didn't fall back asleep until 5:45 so my 6:15 alarm seemed much too early. I was at home this morning because I have my clinicals in Champaign. I love waking up at home because I know there is a keurig waiting for me to make coffee with. After I made my pumpkin spice coffee, I proceeded to have mini pancakes for breakfast. Much better than the cold cereal I have at my apartment. 
I left my house around 7:15 and headed into Champaign to the school. I'm supposed to arrive at 7:40 but I didn't get there until 7:45 because some roads around the school were flooded. I had a great day in my classroom. The students are really starting to bond with me and a few of them were sad when I said I would only be coming back three more times. I'm still not sold on teaching third grade but this class is slowly changing my mind. I was at the school until 2:15 and then I headed home.
Once home, I did my daily pushups, had a snack, and did some homework. My friend, Ebby, also posted our engagement photos yesterday so I spent a lot of time looking at those. My dad came home early from work sick, around the same time my mom arrived home. My mom decided we would go to an early dinner since she had a meeting at 5:30. We went to a local restaurant, The Wingery, around 4:30 and I had a grilled honey bbq chicken sandwich. It was really good and I loved having the opportunity to chat with my mom. 
After dinner, I began my drive back to my apartment. Luckily, I got the new Taylor Swift CD yesterday which made my drive something to look forward to. When I got back to my apartment, I spent time talking with Morgan, Amanda, and Alex. I worked on some things then got coffee with a friend. I am slowly learning that talking about things that bother me face to face is the best way to get things resolved. There is no point in bottling things up or just pushing them aside. Sometimes, confrontation is necessary. After coffee, I had my leadership meeting. We go over our study for the week and spend time getting to know each other and be in God's word. It is also a refreshing time. Throughout leadership, my head began to hurt more and more. This is the second night in a row that I've gotten a bad headache. I went to bed early hoping it would go away with rest. That didn't quite work as I am now typing this while I lay in my bed. I should be in class but my headache was enough to make me stay home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment