Friday, October 19, 2012

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been blessed with a wonderful community here at ISU. I met my roommates through Encounter and have made best friends through this ministry. Most importantly, I truly discovered who God made me to be through Encounter. As I've become more involved with Encounter, I've seen how messy ministry can get. It's not always simple because there are people involved. People get messy. This year, I know God is teaching me to love others. No matter what is happening to me, I need to love others. As this year has progressed, I have felt my heart closing off towards others because I didn't want to put the effort into loving them. How foolish is that? This morning I read 1 Corinthians 6:19, where Paul says "You are not your own. You were bought at a price." I realized how naive I was to think I could choose what I wanted to do, not love others, because it was easier. Yes, God gave me the option of free will, but I'm learning that I don't like the choices I make alone. I have felt run down and unfulfilled because I was taking the easy way out. Through His word and meaningful conversations with others, God has allowed me to see that I need to love anyways, even when it's not what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment